Sun, 24 Sept|
St Mary's Churchyard, Prestwich
Partner event: St Mary's Churchyard tour
Special Prestwich Arts Festival edition of the regular churchyard tours.
Time & Location
24 Sept, 13:00 – 15:00
St Mary's Churchyard, Prestwich, Church Ln, Prestwich, Manchester M25 1AN, UK
About the Event
FREE event but places limited so please BOOK TICKETS
On this tour you can listen to the stories behind some of the headstones and memorials contained in St Mary's churchyard. Stories of poetry, artists, romance and murder, plus more besides...
- early examples of female stone masonry,
- a Waterloo veteran,
- The Manchester Botanists,
- a Victorian Engineer,
- the inventor of the electro-magnet,
- Queen Victoria's Canon Birch,
- Free trade merchants from around the World,
- Greek community burials,
- Lancashire Asylum burials,
- memorials and burials from two world wars.
Tickets are free but donations are welcome at donate.prestwich.org.uk